Indigenous Literacy Day 2023
Indigenous Literacy Day (ILD) will be held on 6 September 2023 and is a celebration of the diversity of First Nations Peoples' Stories, Cultures and Languages.
In collaboration with the Sydney Opera House, the Indigenous Literacy Foundation (ILF) is proud to present a 15‑minute film celebrating Indigenous Literacy Day with stories and songs from remote Communities.
Following the film, viewers are invited to stay online for a 45‑minute livestream celebration directly from the Sydney Opera House, with a star‑studded team of ILF Ambassadors ‑ Jessica Mauboy, Justine Clarke, Gregg Dreise, Josh Pyke and more!
Visit https://www.indigenousliteracyfoundation.org.au/ild for more information.
Other ways to engage
- Making a donation through our website
- Holding a Great Book Swap or your own fundraising event
- Registering for Busking for Change ‑ ILF's newest musical fundraiser for primary schools
- Donating a percentage of your product sales on this day ‑ popular for bookshops!
- Taking an ILF donation box to work or school
- Purchasing ILF‑published books written by remote Community authors and illustrators from our shop
- Buying an ILF t-shirt for your staff or students to wear to work or school
- Becoming a regular giver or set up workplace giving
- Becoming an ILF partner
- Advocating for us on social media and tag @IndigenousLiteracyFoundation on Facebook and Instagram, and @IndigenousLF on Twitter.
- Sharing the Indigenous Literacy Day event within your networks
ILD assets can be found at https://www.indigenousliteracyfoundation.org.au/ild-2023-resources
Please visit this page to see all assets you may use to promote ILF.